What should I do prior to my first visit?
- Please call our office to schedule an appointment.
- Please arrive twenty minutes early to fill out patient forms
- If possible, stop all antihistamines 4 days prior to your first doctor visit (this includes medicines such as loratidine or Claritin, fexofenadine or Allegra, cetirizine or Zyrtec, levocetirizine or Xyzal, diphenhydramine or Benadryl, or any product containing these medications such as over-the counter allergy medications, cold and sines medications, nighttime sleep aids including Tylenol PM, etc.)
- Your doctor may do some diagnostic testing for your allergies and antihistamines can interfere with the test results
What to expect at my first visit?
- You can expect to be at the doctor’s office for about an hour
- Depending on your symptoms, you may undergo a series of tests including lung function tests or skin testing
- Skin testing takes about 20 minutes and is not painful, but may be itchy or uncomfortable
- You will have a conference with the physician and nursing staff to be educated on your condition at the conclusion of your visit. You will have an opportunity to ask questions so you have a clear understanding of your diagnosis and treatment plan
Required Patient Forms (click to download PDF document)